A college intramural secretary’s responsibilities involve recruiting and encouraging attendance at IM games. This includes writing emails, hosting social events, designing residential college IM gear, and generally promoting their college culture to students. Secretaries distribute weekly schedules with game times, and work to field a full team for each contest across 3 seasons of IM sports. They communicate with other college secretaries about forfeits, discuss protests, and coordinate with IM leadership and referees to ensure games run smoothly. Most secretaries attend many games and have a good knowledge of the rules and workings of the IM scoring system; however, supervision or attendance at games is not required unless participating. Secretaries must attend any scheduled IM secretary meetings to exchange dialogue and vote. Secretaries may or may not be paid for their position, depending on their college’s policy.
1. Submit all registration materials by the deadline.
2. Distribute important IM information and schedules to teammates.
3. Communicate with the IM scheduler and other captains of any scheduling requests in a timely manner.
- Review DEFAULTS v. FORFEITS
4. Accountable for team’s sportsmanship
- Captains should set an example for teammates by playing within the IM guidelines and exhibiting a high level of sportsmanship.
- Captains should address player conduct situations involving their team before the on-site supervisor must intervene.
5. Be knowledgeable of all game and eligibility rules.
6. Ensure all teammates meet the eligibility requirements and update roster accordingly.
6. Inform teammates of any scheduling changes and IM updates.